Setting the Stage For Everyone’s Artistic Talents
Welcome artists, educators and parents! VSA Tennessee is your resource for ideas,
tools and opportunities to support arts programming in schools and communities.
Become a VSA artist and invite others
Be part of performance and showings
Give of your resources, time and talents
Discover our ongoing programs
Learn about upcoming events
Experience the art of VSA artists
VSA Tennessee provides opportunities for young people with disabilities to participate in and express themselves through the arts and arts education.
Featured News & Events
Each school year, VSA Tennessee is pleased to provide 4 “artists-in-residence” to special education classrooms through a contract with the TN Dept of Education. We are currently accepting applications for this program for the 2017-2018 school year. The program is filled on a first request basis with emphasis of having at least 1 residency in each of the 3 major divisions of the State.
Artist-In- Residence Program Details:
– Residencies are 3 to 5 days in length. These days can be done consecutively or they can be split up over several weeks. The set-up of the dates are determined by the needs of the classroom teacher and the availability of the artist.
– Residencies can take place from Sept. 1 – May 1 of the school year.
– There is no cost to the school for the artist or the supplies used during the residency.
– The artist will utilize his/her artistic skills to focus on math and/or science curriculum.
– The participating teacher receives a $300 stipend for participation.
– All lesson plans and materials used during the residency will be compiled by VSA TN and placed into a curriculum guide, which can be found on the VSA TN website at www.vsatn.org.
If you are interested in receiving this program in your classroom, please contact: Lori Kissinger, email@example.com or (615) 210-8819.
Please include the following information:
– Name of your school
– Age group for which you would like the residency
– Number of students
– Types of disabilities
– If you have a preference on an art form (dance, drama, music or visual arts), please let us know and rank order your preference